Synthetic long-term grease
- ISOFLEX TOPAS NB 5051 is a beigecolored, homogeneous, shortfibred longterm grease for a wide service temperature range. It is a dynamically light grease consisting of synthetic hydrocarbon oil and barium complex soap. The barium complex soap used is not classified as harmful under the EU Directives on dangerous substances.
- ISOFLEX TOPAS NB 5051 ensures low starting and running torques. In addition, it is resistant to oxidation and ageing, and protects reliably against corrosion.
- Content: 1kg can
- Available in 400g cartridge , 1kg can, 25kg bucket,
Benefits for your application:
- Synthetic long-term lubricating grease for a wide service temperature range
- Low starting and running torque
- Good wear protection
- Good corrosion protection
- Resistant to oxidation and ageing
- ISOFLEX TOPAS NB 5051 is used for plain and rolling bearings (e.g. in automotive engineering) and for gas meters. It is also used in small gears, where it reduces the noise produced by the gear wheels. ISOFLEX TOPAS NB 5051 is also suitable for the lubrication of tooth flanks in precision gears (e.g. bevel gears in milling machines, electromechanical actuators for valves). Its good adhesion on smooth surfaces makes it ideal for the running-in lubrication (assembly) of plastic and composite bearings.
- The lubricant is applied by brush or conventional metering systems. Gears are dipfeed lubricated. Owing to the different compositions of elastomers and plastic materials, compatibility tests are indispensable before series application.
|Chemical composition, type of oil||synthetic hydrocarbon oil|
|Chemical composition, thickener||barium complex soap|
|Lower service temperature||-60°C / -76°F|
|Upper service temperature||130°C / 266°F|
|Density at 20 °C||approx. 0.91 g/cm³|
|Worked penetration, DIN ISO 2137, 25 °C, lower limit value||385 x 0.1 mm|
|Worked penetration, DIN ISO 2137, 25 °C, upper limit value||415 x 0.1 mm|
|Kinematic viscosity of the base oil, DIN 51562 pt. 01/ASTM D445/ASTM D 7042, 40 °C||approx. 30 mm²/s|
|Kinematic viscosity, DIN 51562 pt. 01/ASTM D445/ASTM D 7042, 100 °C||approx. 5.9 mm²/s|
|Shear viscosity at 25 °C, shear rate 300 s1, equipment: rotational viscometer, lower limit value||700 mPas|
|Shear viscosity at 25°C, shear rate 300 s1, equipment:rotational viscometer, upper limit value||1 500 mPas|
| Corrosion inhibiting properties of lubricating greases, DIN 51802, (SKFEMCOR), test duration: |
1 week, distilled water
|<= 1 corrosion degree|
|Flow pressure of lubricating greases, DIN 51805, test temperature: -60°C||<= 1 400 mbar|
|Drop point, DIN ISO 2176||>= 170 °C|
| Minimum shelf life from the date of manufacture in a dry, frostfree place and in the unopened |
original container, approx.
Klüber ISOFLEX TOPAS NB 5051 Synthetic long-term grease