The product is a transparent, colourless, oily liquid, free from fluorescence by daylight, odourless or almost odourless and gives not more than a faint odour when heated.
The product is blended from stocks complying with both the British and European Pharmacopoeia Monographs and supplied under Medicines Licence No. ML2021/01 in compliance with the requirements of the Medicines Act 1968 and in accordance with the rules and principles of good manufacturing – Directive 2003/94/EC.
- Medicinal, Pharmaceutical & Veterinary preparations
- Cosmetic, toiletry & household preparations
- Textile dressings
- Plastics processing and blow moulding
- Agriculture sprays & animal feed
- Packaging & paper preservative and moisture repellent
Characteristics Method of Testing Specification
Solubility BP*/EP** Complies
Acidity/Alkalinity BP*/EP** Complies
Relative Density @ 20 deg C BP*/EP** 0.850-0.890
Dynamic Viscosity @ 20 deg C ASTM D445 190
Kinematic Viscosity @ 40 deg C ASTM D445/IP71 63.0 – 83.0
Viscosity @ 37.8 degrees C –SUS ASTM D445 350
Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons BP*/EP** Pass
Readily Carbonisable Substances BP*/EP** Pass
Solid Paraffins BP*/EP** Pass
Shelf life – 3 years (unopened), from date of manufacture
* Mineral Hydrocarbon in food Regulations Stat. Inst. 1073 (1966) – Food and Drugs composition requires that no more than 0.2 parts by weight of mineral hydrocarbon per 100 parts by weight of the food shall be permitted.
The information contained herein is believed to be correct at the time of publication. No warranty expressed or implied is given concerning the accuracy of the information or the suitability of the product.